The Bioacoustics Research Laboratory of the ECE Department at the University of Illinois is looking for a post-doc fellow to work in the area of biomedical ultrasound. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact Professors Aiguo Han (email@example.com) and/or William D. O’Brien, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 1. Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics, Acoustics, Applied Physics or other closely related quantitative ultrasound areas.
- 2. Strong knowledge of ultrasound and/or wave propagation physics and signal processing, and experience with ultrasound instrumentation/transducers.
- 3. Experience with image processing, machine learning and clinical translation of imaging technologies is a plus.
Examples of potential projects:
- 1. Ultrasonic scattering and/or wave propagation models (e.g., structure function) for tissue microstructure characterization.
- 2. Novel Quantitative Ultrasound (QUS) imaging techniques.
- 3. Ultrasound signal processing and machine learning methods to facilitate healthcare decision making.