SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH CONTEXT
The development of biotherapies and innovative therapy drugs is a real opportunity for France.
Health systems increasingly depend on access to biotherapeutics that allow for a radical transformation of therapies. However, while being high value-added compared to chemical drugs, the complex biotherapeutics like tailor-made proteins/antibodies are often of high environmental cost, of high production costs and risks of non-quality since they are sensitive to the technology used and to the size of the batches. As a result, most of them are still poorly industrialized and significant progress is needed to meet the demands of the health systems.
The challenge ‘AMI : nouvelles biothérapies et outils de production’ supported by BPI France aims to accelerate the progress in biotherapies and their bioproduction, namely via development of advanced analytical tools for process analytical technology (PAT), working in a real-time regime, in-line, without need for samples collection and with no or minimal need for consumables.
In that context, University of Tours (EA 6295 NMNS, faculty of pharmacy) develops multi-techniques bioanalytical protocols helpful in monitoring and control of biopharmaceutics production at industrial scale.
The present post-doctoral position of 2 years aims to strengthen our R&D activities on this topic, in the framework of a multidisciplinary and multisectoral project involving several partners from academic institutions and industrial companies.
MISSION OF THE RESEARCH SCIENTIST
The University of Tours (EA6295 NMNS) is acquiring several instruments (Raman, UV-vis absorption spectrometers, UHPLC, etc.) dedicated to off-line and in-line (real-time) analysis of bioproduction process (USP and DSP). The candidate will be in charge of using the corresponding techniques for measurements and exploitation of the spectroscopic data. The mission will notably include to set up experiments, to validate analytical methods and to develop data mining protocols (chemometrics).
The candidate will be able to benefit from the installations of the EA 6295 NMNS team distributed between the analytical chemistry laboratory at the Faculty of Pharmacy of Tours and the Bio3 institute (Tours), that is a fully equipped industry-like bioproduction center.
The candidate will also participate in the methodology transfer to the sites of other partners located in different regions of France.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant track records in the fields of : o MOS (Raman in particular)
o Data mining (data-preprocessing and multivariate analysis)
- Experience in process analytical technology (PAT) and in biopharmaceutics production (USP, DSP).
- Experience and motivation for team work and ability to establish fruitful scientific exchanges with researchers, students and actors of different technical and scientific cultures
- Research experience in the field of study, able to innovate and interact with diverse stakeholders including industry
- Proven ability to participate to the whole research chain from the experimental set-up, preparation of samples, data collection, data analysis and communication of results to both academic and nonacademic audiences
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritize work, manage time effectively and deliver results on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including abilities to make clear and concise presentations but also to participate to fast publication of latest results.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is based in Tours, France
Research group: EA 6295 Nanomedicines and Nanoprobes, faculty of pharmacy
Duration: 24 months
Starting date: ideally November 2021 (to be discussed)
Gross Salary: 2640 – 2790 euros (depending on experience)
The research scientist will be provided with the necessary means of work (laboratory facilities, office, telephone, internet, access to databases, computer tools, etc …). The scientific working languages are French and English.
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
Application to be sent to Pr. Igor Chourpa (email@example.com) – CV + motivation letter Applications will be reviewed as they come in.